To clean the probe:
- After each use of the probe, use one of the recommended liquid saturated wipes (Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipes by PDI, Inc., Super Sani-Cloth® AF3 Disposable Wipes by PDI, Inc., or a lint-free cloth moistened with water) to remove ultrasound transmission gel from the probe.
- Disconnect the probe from the mobile device.
- Wipe the probe, strain relief, cable, and connector with one of the recommended liquid saturated wipes for one (1) minute and until visibly clean.
- Change the wipes as necessary and repeat the above step until the probe is visibly clean.
- To dry the probe, use a soft cloth, blot the lens dry. Do not wipe the lens. Dry the rest of the probe, cable, strain relief, and connector.
- Visually inspect the probe in a well-lit area to ensure all surfaces are clean. If the probe is not clean, repeat the cleaning steps above.
- Dispose of cleaning material in accordance with all applicable regulations.