Image quality is poor
- In the app, select your avatar at the bottom right corner of the toolbar to open your Profile. Select your Preferences to check whether you have "Remember Last Depth and Gain" toggled on. If you do, toggle it off.
- Navigate back to the imaging interface, switch to another preset for a few moments, and then return to the original preset. This will reset the imaging parameters.
- Make sure you are using the appropriate preset and the depth is appropriate for the anatomy being scanned.
- Make sure the brightness on your screen is set to the recommended setting of 65%.
- Make sure you are using enough approved ultrasound gel.
- To determine if your probe is damaged, perform the Probe Diagnostic Test.
- If you are still not satisfied with the image quality, please contact Butterfly Support and include examples of images that represent your feedback.
The study is stuck in the outbox or will not upload
- Switch your mobile device to Airplane mode.
- Wait a couple of minutes.
- Turn Airplane mode off and reconnect to cellular data or wifi.
- Ensure you have a strong cellular data or wifi connection.
- Navigate to the Butterfly app.
- If you do not have access to wifi and are using cellular data, navigate to Settings on the bottom right corner of the screen. From Settings, select Preferences and ensure that "Upload Studies Over Cellular" is active.
- Navigate back to the scanning screen by clicking on the blue probe icon. If your studies have not automatically uploaded, will see an alert indicating you have studies remaining in the Outbox. Click on that alert.
- Click "retry" on the study or studies.
Do not delete and reinstall the Butterfly app. If this problem persists, please contact Butterfly Support with details describing your issue, including the email address you use to log in to the app. Ensure your message does not include any protected health information.