You can enter patient details at any time while performing a study, by tapping Associate a Patient. Depending on your configuration, you can add patient data in one of the following ways:
- Add Manually
- Add from Worklist (if your account is configured to use a Worklist)
Patient Details include:
- Patient Name (Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Title, and Suffix)
- Sex (Male, Female, Other, and Unknown)
- DOB (Date of Birth) (A date scroll wheel feature is displayed to select the patient’s DOB)
- Accession #
- MRN (Medical Record Number)
Adding Patient Details Manually
- On the imaging screen, tap the Capture Reel and then tap "Associate a Patient."
- In the Patient screen, use the keyboard to enter the patient details and then tap "Done."
Adding Patient Details from a Worklist
Use this option if your account is configured to select the patient from a worklist which may already include their patient details. When selected, the Patient screen is filled in automatically.
To select a patient from a worklist:
- On the imaging screen, tap the Capture Reel and then tap Associate a Patient. The Patient screen is displayed.
- Tap "Add from Worklist."
- If there are multiple worklists, tap the worklist associated with the patient and then select the patient, or select the patient directly.
- Confirm the patient details and tap "Save."
Adding a Study Description
You can add a description of the study from the Study screen.
Multiple Patients Captured in a Single Session
It's best practice to associate patient data and save images after each patient session.
In the event there are scans from multiple patients in a session, you can save images in batches, with different associated patient data.
After you have completed your session, follow these steps to save images in batches for each patient:
- Tap the Capture Reel.
- Add the patient data for the first patient. Save.
- On the Study screen for the patient, tap "Save."
- Choose the destination archive, then scroll to the bottom where the thumbnails of all of the images are selected.
- Select just the thumbnails that belong to this patient (unselect the others).
- Tap "Confirm." You will be presented options for the remaining images.
- Choose "Roll Into New Study."
Repeat for the next patient.