When you capture an image or record a video clip, the image or clip is automatically saved to the Capture Reel.
When you begin a study, you can immediately use the probe for live scanning. Butterfly members can also capture and save images to the Cloud.
To capture an image:
- Tap the snowflake icon to freeze the image.
- Tap the camera icon to capture the image.
- Tap the snowflake icon again to return to live imaging.
Recording a Clip
Use the record feature to acquire and save a clip of the study. The recording defaults to 60 seconds if you do not manually stop the recording.
To record a clip:
- Tap the video camera icon to begin recording.
- When finished recording, tap the red square to end the recording.
Using the Capture Reel
The Capture Reel stores all captured images and clips. You can view the images and clips in the study, save the study to an archive, and clear the series of images and clips from the study.
To use the Capture Reel:
- Tap the Capture Reel.
- Do any of the following:
- View the images and clips. You can swipe left and right to view the previous and next item in the reel.
- Save the study to an archive.
- To delete all of the items from the Capture Reel, tap Clear images. The system prompts you to confirm the deletion. Clearing the series removes all of the images and clips from the Capture Reel.
Set a Time Limit on Cine Captures
You can set a default or maximum time for your videos captured using the Butterfly iQ app. To do this:
- Ensure your Butterfly iQ app is updated to the latest version in the App or Google Play Store.
- Plug in your Butterfly to your mobile device.
- Navigate to the scan screen.
- Hold down ("long press") the video camera icon for a few seconds.
- Select the Max Cine Length you prefer.
For greater flexibility and ease of use, you can combine your use of this feature with using the Capture Images Using the Butterfly Probe Button feature. Select Start/Stop Cine as the desired behavior when you enable the feature, and select a Max Cine Length. Then, you can record a whole cine at your desired length by only pushing the probe button once.
You can remove this setting by changing the Max Cine Length to 60 seconds, the maximum cine length.