You must download the Butterfly iQ app to a compatible mobile device to use the Butterfly probe.
Butterfly iQ/iQ+ comes with either a Lightning or USB-C connector and is compatible with Apple and Android devices. Butterfly iQ Vet comes with either a Lightning or USB-C connector and is only compatible with Apple devices.
Adapters are not supported.
Below is the list of compatible mobile devices.
Please note that due to hardware requirements, Butterfly TeleGuidance is only available on select devices. To view the list of devices compatible with Butterfly TeleGuidance, please click here.
The Butterfly iQ app is available on Apple iOS 12.0 or newer. We are not compatible with beta versions of iOS. With the release of Butterfly iQ app v1.24 in October, we will discontinue support for iOS 12. To update your mobile device, please follow the steps here.
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s*
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad (5th*, 6th, and 7th generation)
- iPad Air 3rd generation
- iPad mini 5th generation
- iPod Touch 7th generation (not recommended)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd and 4th generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch) (1st and 2nd generation)
*Use of the iPhone 6S or iPad 5th generation is not recommended with the Butterfly iQ+.
Use of the Butterfly iQ with USB-C connectivity with Samsung mobile devices requires Android version 9 or newer.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 International Edition (Models SM-G950F & SM-G950FD)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ International Edition (Models SM-G955F & SM-G955FD)
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy S10 US Edition (Models SM-G973U & SM-G973U1)*
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ US Edition (Model SM-G97U)*
- Samsung Galaxy S10e US Edition (Model SM-G97U)*
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 US Edition (Models SM-N970U & SM-N970U1)*
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ US Edition (Models SM-N975U & SM-N975U1)*
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Canadian Edition (Model SM-G973W)*
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Canadian Edition (Model SM-G975W)*
- Samsung Galaxy S10e Canadian Edition (Model SM-G970W)*
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Canadian Edition (Model SM-N970W)*
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Canadian Edition (Model SM-N975W)*
- Samsung Galaxy S20*
- Samsung Galaxy S20+*
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra*
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
We perform extensive hardware verification. The Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 International variant devices were unable to achieve the transfer rate cutoff necessary for clinical imaging. As a result, we currently only support the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 US and Canada Editions.
Please note that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is not supported.
*Recently, Samsung has begun releasing One UI 2.5, a software update that includes changes to Samsung’s features and user interface, for Galaxy S20, S10, and Note 10 phones. Unfortunately, we have discovered that One UI 2.5 prevents use of Color and Power Doppler in the Butterfly iQ app, causing those features to freeze. We are actively investigating this issue and hope to work with Samsung to resolve it. In the meantime, we recommend that you disable automatic software updates on your Samsung phone if you use Color or Power Doppler with your Butterfly iQ.
Use of the Butterfly iQ with USB-C connectivity with the Google Pixel requires Android version 10 or newer.
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
Please note that the Google Pixel 3a and 4a are not supported.
Use of the Butterfly iQ with USB-C connectivity with OnePlus mobile devices requires Android version 10 or newer.
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro