Ultrasound transmission gel is needed for optimal transmission of acoustic energy between the patient and the probe.
Use approved gels or liquids as listed below. Products marketed for medical use that have similar ingredients as the products listed can be used, even if they do not appear in the list below. Please note that non-approved gels and liquids have not been tested by Butterfly and may damage the probe.
- Aquasonic by Parker
- Clear Gel Image Singles by Sonotech
- Kendall Ultrasound Gel by Covidien
- LiquaSonic Ultrasound Gel by Medline Industries
- SCAN Ultrasound Gel by Parker
- STERILE Aquasonic 100 Ultrasound Transmission Gel by Parker