Ultrasound transmission gel is needed for optimal transmission of acoustic energy between the patient and the probe.
Use only approved gels or liquids as listed below. Non-approved gels and liquids have not been tested and may damage the probe.
- Aquasonic by Parker
- Clear Gel Image Singles by Sonotech
- Kendall Ultrasound Gel by Covidien
- LiquaSonic Ultrasound Gel by Medline Industries
- SCAN Ultrasound Gel by Parker
- STERILE Aquasonic 100 Ultrasound Transmission Gel by Parker
Use of probe covers has not been validated or tested with the Butterfly iQ. Tegaderm™ Film (1624W) has been tested and is approved for use on the probe over its lifespan.