Sometimes if the probe is left idle for a long period of time, the battery can become fully depleted and the probe will not charge. Often, it can be reactivated by completing the following steps.
- First, verify that your charger is working. The iQ charger should charge an iPhone 8 or newer or another device that charges wirelessly. For more information about charger behavior, please refer to About the Butterfly Charger.
- After you verify that the charger is working, place your Butterfly iQ on the charger for five minutes.
- While your Butterfly iQ is on the charger, reset it. To do so, hold down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds.
- Leave your iQ on its charger overnight, or at least 6 hours. Do not worry about the color of the charger lights at this point.
- Reset the iQ again while it is on the charger by holding down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds. The LEDs on the battery indicator button should flash.
- Reconnect the iQ to your mobile device.
If you follow these steps, and your probe still has issues charging, contact Butterfly Support with the serial number on the back of your probe for further assistance.