Sometimes if the probe is left idle for a long period of time, the battery can become fully depleted and the probe will not charge. Often, it can be reactivated by completing the following steps.
- First, verify that your charger is working. The Butterfly charger should charge an iPhone 8 or newer or another device that charges wirelessly. For more information about charger behavior, and the correct orientation of the probe on the charging pad, please refer to About the Butterfly Charger.
- Plug the butterfly charger directly into the wall using only the provided Butterfly equipment. Do not use an outlet tied to a dimmer switch. Do not use a surge protector. Do not use a power strip.
- Only use an approved Butterfly charging pad.
- After you verify that the charger is working, place your Butterfly on the charger for five minutes.
- While your Butterfly probe is on the charger, reset it. To do so, hold down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds.
- Leave your Butterfly probe on its charger overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Reset the Butterfly probe again while it is on the charger by holding down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds. The LEDs on the battery indicator button should flash.
- Reconnect the Butterfly probe to your mobile device.
If these instructions do not resolve your issue, please follow the in-app probe troubleshooting steps below:
Log in to the Butterfly iQ app and navigate to the scan screen.
Connect the probe and wait for at least 5 seconds.
A message will appear (“Plugged in, but not connecting?"). Tap “Run troubleshooting” to continue.
Follow the troubleshooting steps. Contact Support if you have any issues with this process, and share the serial number on the back of your probe.
Not all presets and imaging modes are available everywhere. Check for the availability in your country.