Sometimes if the probe is left idle for a long period of time, the battery can become fully depleted and the probe will not charge. Often, it can be reactivated by completing the following steps.
- First, verify that your charger is working. The Butterfly charger should charge an iPhone 8 or newer or another device that charges wirelessly. For more information about charger behavior, please refer to About the Butterfly Charger.
- After you verify that the charger is working, place your Butterfly on the charger for five minutes.
- While your Butterfly probe is on the charger, reset it. To do so, hold down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds.
- Leave your Butterfly probe on its charger overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Reset the Butterfly probe again while it is on the charger by holding down the battery indicator button for 10-15 seconds. The LEDs on the battery indicator button should flash.
- Reconnect the Butterfly probe to your mobile device.
If these instructions do not resolve your issue, contact Butterfly Support with the serial number on the back of your probe for further assistance.