Follow the steps below to start using your Butterfly probe for the first time.
Download the App
Open the App Store or Google Play Store on your compatible mobile device, then search for Butterfly iQ.
If the app does not appear in the App Store or Google Play Store, it's possible that you are not using a compatible mobile device. Refer to our list of compatible devices to confirm.
Please note that the Butterfly iQ App may not be available the App or Google Play Store depending on your location. For a full list of countries where use is supported, please review Who Can Purchase Butterfly iQ.
Create your Account
Using your Butterfly requires an account with an email and password.
- Search your email for an invitation from Butterfly Cloud. Your invitation is sent to the email used at purchase, or the email your administrator used to invite you to their team.
- If you have not received it, click here to enter your email address and resend the invitation.
- On a computer, click the link in that email invitation to set a password and activate your account.
- When you create an account, you will be prompted to enter a phone number, medical specialty, and place of work.
If you need to change the email address associated with your account, follow the instructions here to change your name and email. If resending your invitation does not work, please contact Butterfly Support and include your probe's serial number beginning in (21)B in the message.
Connect your Butterfly
- Open the Butterfly iQ app on your mobile device and log in using your email address and the password you created earlier.
- The End User License Agreement screen is displayed for your review and acknowledgment. Accept the agreement to continue. Then, choose whether or not to enable push notifications.
- Push notifications are sent less than once a month, and only about firmware updates and other app alerts.
- Ensure your Butterfly is fully charged.
- Connect the Butterfly to your mobile device. The app will prompt you to register your device and might require a firmware update. Ensure your Butterfly iQ stays plugged into your app throughout the firmware update.
- When you first plug in your probe, you’ll see lines on a black screen.
- Apply some approved gel to your probe head.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, select a Preset to scan in. The preset corresponds to the anatomy being scanned – for instance, if you want to scan the bladder, you’d select Bladder.
- Apply the probe head to the portion of the anatomy to be scanned. You’ll see an ultrasound image appear on your mobile device.
- To learn more, visit our Education Portal for tutorials on using the iQ, or view customer stories on our YouTube page.