Follow the steps below to start using your Butterfly probe for the first time.
Download the App
To use your new Butterfly probe, download the Butterfly iQ app:
- Open the App Store on your Apple iOS mobile device or the Google Play Store on your Android mobile device.
- Click the Search icon and search for Butterfly iQ.
If the app does not appear in the App Store or Google Play Store, it's possible that you are not using a compatible mobile device. Refer to our list of compatible devices to confirm.
Please note that the Butterfly iQ App may not be available the App or Google Play Store depending on your location. For a full list of countries where use of the Butterfly is supported, please review Who Can Purchase Butterfly iQ.
Create your Account
Using your Butterfly requires an account with an email and password.
To set up your Butterfly account:
- Search your email for an invitation from Butterfly Cloud.
- If you have not received it, click here to enter your email address and resend the invitation.
- Your invitation is associated with the email used to purchase your Butterfly, or the email your team administrator used to invite you to their team.
- If you are unable to access the email account associated with your purchase, please contact Butterfly Support and include your probe's serial number beginning in (21)B in the message.
- On a computer, click the link in that email invitation to set a password and activate your account.
If you need to change the email address associated with your account, follow the instructions here to change your name and email.
Connect your Butterfly
Open the Butterfly iQ app and log in using your email address and the password you created earlier.
The End User License Agreement screen is displayed for your review and acknowledgment. Accept the terms and conditions to continue. Then, choose whether or not to enable push notifications.
Ensure your Butterfly is fully charged. Connect the Butterfly to your mobile device. The app will prompt you to register your device and might require a firmware update. Ensure your Butterfly iQ stays plugged into your app throughout the firmware update.