The Butterfly iQ app and desktop Cloud now support TeleGuidance. Butterfly users can give or receive guidance over video calls. Using this technology, a Butterfly user can call a remote expert for advise acquiring and interpreting ultrasound images. Note that TeleGuidance calls must be between two trained healthcare practitioners.
In the United States, under the FDA’s COVID-19 Emergency Guidance, Butterfly TeleGuidance can be used by any healthcare professional. It allows a trained scanner to remotely guide a novice colleague at the bedside or to remotely collaborate with a qualified peer.
To turn on Butterfly TeleGuidance on the app:
- On your mobile device, open the Butterfly iQ app.
- Select your Profile on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Preferences.
- In Preferences, you can ensure that "Remote TeleGuidance" is turned on by confirming the toggle is blue.
If you don't see the "Remote TeleGuidance" option in your app:
Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with Butterfly TeleGuidance and that you're using the latest version of the Butterfly app by going to the App Store and checking for updates.
To access Butterfly TeleGuidance on your computer:
- Log into cloud.butterflynetwork.com using your Butterfly credentials via the Google Chrome browser on Windows or a Mac.
- On the top right corner of the screen, select "TeleGuidance."