The Butterfly iQ app and desktop Cloud now support TeleGuidance. Butterfly users can give or receive guidance over video calls. Using this technology, a Butterfly user can call a remote expert for advise acquiring and interpreting ultrasound images. Note that TeleGuidance calls must be between two trained healthcare practitioners.
In the United States, under the FDA’s COVID-19 Emergency Guidance, Butterfly TeleGuidance can be used by any healthcare professional. It allows a trained scanner to remotely guide a novice colleague at the bedside or to remotely collaborate with a qualified peer.
To turn on Butterfly TeleGuidance on the app:
- On your mobile device, open the Butterfly iQ app.
- Select your avatar on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the gear on the top left corner of the screen to navigate to Settings.
- Ensure "Remote TeleGuidance" is turned on by confirming the toggle is blue.
If you don't see the "Remote TeleGuidance" option in your app or you are unable to tap the toggle to turn it on:
Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with Butterfly TeleGuidance and that you're using the latest version of the Butterfly app by going to the App Store and checking for updates.
To access Butterfly TeleGuidance on your computer:
- Log into cloud.butterflynetwork.com using your Butterfly credentials via the Google Chrome browser on Windows or a Mac.
- On the top right corner of the screen, select "TeleGuidance."