CAUTION: The Educational View Guidance tools are for Educational Use Only.
Educational View Guidance tools are available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom on iOS and Android for Butterfly iQ and Butterfly iQ+ Pro members.
The Educational View Guidance tools provide users with a visual indication of the quality of the image while scanning with the Butterfly iQ. The Educational View Guidance tools support the following views:
- Cardiac Apical 4 Chamber
- Parasternal Long Axis
- Parasternal Short Axis
- Lung A-Lines/B-Lines
As you scan the subject, the tool provides real-time feedback. It indicates the proportion of experts who would assess the anatomical view as measurable.
To access Educational View Guidance:
The Educational View Guidance tools can be accessed in the Cardiac or Lung Preset while scanning in B- Mode.
- From the scan screen, select the Cardiac or Lung preset.
- Select the Actions button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Under Educational View Guidance, select one of the following tools:
- Cardiac preset: Apical 4 Chamber, Parasternal Long Axis and Parasternal Short Axis.
- Lung preset: A-Lines/B-Lines.
The Educational View Guidance tools can be turned off by tapping X on the tool while scanning in B-mode or in the Actions menu.