The manual volume calculation package can be used to generate a volume measurement for pelvic structures (e.g., bladder, prostate) using the prolate ellipsoid method.*
To manually calculate volume on pelvic structures:
- From the scan screen, select the Bladder preset.
- Select the Actions button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Under the “Calculations” heading, select Manual Volume.
- When you have frozen an appropriate view, select the measurement icon on the bottom of the screen.
- You will have the option of selecting D1, D2, or D3. Only one measurement may be added at a time.
- Adjust calipers as appropriate, then select “Confirm” once you are satisfied with caliper placement. Once you confirm, an image will be automatically captured and the measurement will be added to the Notes section of your current study.
- To delete a measurement, select the label and select X.
- To edit a measurement, delete it from the report and re-add it by following the steps above.
- Once you’ve added all three measurements, an estimated volume will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- You will exit the volume calculation package when the study is uploaded. To exit the calculation package before uploading a study, select the X next to “Manual Volume” on the bottom of the scan screen. You will be prompted to confirm exporting or deleting of captured measurements if you exit before uploading your study.
- When the volume calculation package is exported, the output will be available in the Notes field of the study. This can be retrieved and edited in the Study screen prior to study upload.
Note: Once the volume calculation package is exited, the inputs may not be edited.
*The prolate ellipsoid method uses the equation 0.52 x D1 x D2 x D3 to calculate volume.