Butterfly Enterprise customers can set study restrictions at the archive level. This allows you to ensure all necessary information is documented before a study is finalized, ensuring data quality and improving your ability to bill for studies.
Note that study restrictions do not prevent studies from being uploaded as drafts.
To set study restrictions:
- Log into Butterfly Cloud using your Butterfly credentials.
- On the left side of the screen, select the archive you want to add restrictions to.
- Select Archive Settings on the righthand side of the screen.
- Here you can apply the following restrictions:
- Require worklist to finalize studies: this requires users to associate a study with a patient from a worklist in order to finalize it.
- Require worksheet to finalize studies: this requires users to complete a worksheet in order to finalize a study.
- Require an attestation message to finalize studies: this mandates that only select archive members can "Sign and Finalize" the study. Those members will be presented with an Attestation Message you can customize in the box below.
- Require author to request attestation: this requires that all studies in the archive must have a documented author in order to request attestation.
- Check the box next to the restrictions you would like to apply for the current archive.
If a user attempts to request attestation or finalize a study that is missing the required information set above, a validation error will appear preventing them from requesting attestation or finalizing a study. Once the validation errors have been resolved and information documented, the study can be finalized.