Biplane Imaging is a qualitative mode that displays two planes of imaging, along the longitudinal axis of the probe and the transverse axis of the probe. The longitudinal axis is displayed on the bottom of the screen, called the “reference plane” and the transverse axis is displayed on the top of the screen, called the “perpendicular plane.”
Biplane Imaging is available in the Bladder, Musculoskeletal, Musculoskeletal Equine, and Vascular presets.
When using Biplane, you can:
- View and adjust the position of the perpendicular plane with respect to the reference plane
- Optimize the gain and depth simultaneously in both planes
- Freeze still images and measure in either viewport
- Capture cines and stills
- Activate Needle Viz (in-plane) tool in order to start using Biplane Imaging:
In order to start using Biplane Imaging:
- Enter a preset in which Biplane Imaging is available. Activate Biplane from the Actions menu.
- Apply gel to the probe and start scanning.
- To adjust the position of the perpendicular plane, touch and drag the white dot side-to-side in the longitudinal (bottom) plane.
- Freeze, measure, annotate, and capture tools, as well as gain and depth adjustment, are available within Biplane.
- To simultaneously use the Needle Viz (in-plane) tool, activate the tool from the actions menu. The reference plane will display the region-of-interest within which an in-plane needle will be highlighted. Additionally, if the needle crosses the perpendicular plane indicator, the position of the needle in the out-of-plane view will be projected upon the perpendicular plane. To flip the position of the region-of-interest, tap the flip button.
*Biplane Imaging is only available on iQ+ Vet.
For trained veterinary professionals only.