ScanLab is a separately downloadable application that’s only available via iPad. It is for use only in educational situations, and is not to be used clinically. ScanLab requires an active Butterfly membership.
ScanLab is only available for iPad. Please see the list of supported iPads here.
- Download ScanLab separately from the Butterfly clinical application in the app store.
- Log in with the same username/password used for the clinical application, logging in as an enterprise user if appropriate.
Plugging in Your Probe
- ScanLab is compatible with both iQ/iQ+ probes.
- Plug your probe in and a pop up will ask if you want to connect your iQ. If the clinical application is also installed on your device, you will be brought to the clinical application by default. Minimize the clinical application to go back to ScanLab.
Creating and Uploading an Exam
- From the home screen select a protocol of interest.
- Choose an initial view to scan with by tapping on the screen.
- In each view there are instructions, an animation of the view, and reference images on the left. On the right is the live imaging screen and where available, a quality indicator score and anatomical labels calling out key anatomy. The quality indicator score represents the proportion of clinicians, certified in ultrasound, who would deem the image diagnostic quality.
- For each view, you may acquire at least one capture (still/cine).
- Select the thumbnail in the top right corner or click “Finish Exam” to come to the Exam Summary.
- Once you’re satisfied with the contents of your exam, select ‘Upload Exam’.
Accessing ScanLab Exams from Desktop
- Login on desktop with the same username/password as from ScanLab.
- Click the ‘Education’ tab in the top right corner and select ‘ScanLab Portfolio’.
- Here you can view your exams acquired through ScanLab.
ScanLab is available in the following countries: US, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel, India, Germany, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland