Butterfly Enterprise enables additional features for your enterprise’s Butterfly organizations. These features include:
- Single Sign-On via SAML (User authentication through enterprise directory services)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Restrictions and Application Configurations
- Cloud Inactivity Timeout (Automatic user session logouts)
If you are a new customer and have purchased Butterfly Enterprise directly you already have an Enterprise URL and will not need to upgrade. If you are an existing customer and have upgraded to Butterfly Enterprise please keep reading as the upgrade steps below apply to you.
What will be different if I have Butterfly Enterprise?
Butterfly Enterprise will move your institution’s Butterfly organization to a custom URL ([subdomain].butterflynetwork.com), which is unique to your institution. That means that your users will access Butterfly and log into the iQ mobile app through Enterprise log in:
- On mobile devices, users will sign in by tapping “Enterprise User?” and then entering your custom Enterprise URL.
- On computers, users will access Butterfly with a new URL instead of going to cloud.butterflynetwork.com
- Your custom URL will give you more control over how Butterfly is used in regards to user access and mobile device security
What Happens Before an Upgrade?
If you are en existing customer there are two steps you'll need to do before an upgrade.
- Work with Butterfly Informatics to establish:
- When the upgrade should occur
- Which existing Butterfly user should be the admin for the Enterprise account. Note - An Enterprise Admin will have full control over the security features of your Butterfly organizations. You will be able to add or change admins later.
- Send an email to your existing users letting them know that:
- The way that they log in to Butterfly will be changing, and that they’ll be receiving an email from Butterfly with instructions for how to log in.
- They’ll need to upload all images in their exam reel before the upgrade because images that haven’t been uploaded yet won’t be associated with the new enterprise organization.
What Happens After an Upgrade?
- All users will need to log in using the Enterprise URL to the app and Butterfly Cloud. Users will get an email as part of the upgrade explaining how they should log in.
- On mobile devices, users will sign in by tapping “Enterprise User?” and then entering your custom Enterprise URL, instead of just entering their credentials.
- In a web browser, users will access Butterfly with a new URL instead of going to cloud.butterflynetwork.com
The enterprise administrator will have access to a new “Enterprise Settings” of the Cloud that can be used to configure Enterprise features like SSO, MDM Restrictions, and Inactivity Timeout.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to enquire about Butterfly Enterprise and the additional security features available with Enterprise URLs.